Tool Grinder model M40
- Universal tool and cutter grinder, Cincinnati type
- Designed as a versatile tool sharpener and can also be used for light cylindrical, surface and internal grinding operations with some optional accessories.
- The wheelhead can be tilted +/- 15 degrees, and swiveled 360 degrees in the horizontal plane. This allows the setting of rake and relief angles.
- The wheelhead spindle is supported in two pairs of angular ball bearings, which are preloaded.
- The spindle is lubricated for life.
- The workhead can be positioned along the table and can be swiveled vertically and horizontally. It has a taper hole in each end of the spindle (one side is ASA50 and the other MT5)
- The table can be swiveled +/- 60 degrees. This along with the wheelhead swiveling permits grinding long cutters and tools.
- The table ways are hardened and ground.
- Antifriction ball bearing assemblies allow easy and smooth positioning.
- Fine feed knobs on the right and left side of the table allow fine to rapid feed range of the table. A crank allows fine feed control on the right side of the table.
- The tailstock can be positioned longitudinally along the table. The center is retractable for easy workpiece loading between centers.
- Table dogs are used for table positioning and cushioning
- Fully centralized lubrication system for the longitudinal and cross ways, and cross feed screw and nut.
- Optional grinding attachments are available to allow face mill, radius, helical, cylindrical, internal, surface, drill point, lathe and planer tool grinding.
- Leveling pads (3 pcs.)
- Draw-in bolts for workhead and washer
- Collet wrench
- Left and Right hand tailstock
- Wheel guard holder (long and short)
- Belt for spindle drive (Poly-flex belt)
- Grinding wheel sleeves (5) Reducing collet B & S or MT #5 x #2, 3 & 4 (3)
- Sleeve extracting bar
- 4" spindle extension
- Ejector rod
- 4" extension wheel sleeve & collar
- Center gauge
- Center for workhead spindle B & S or MT #2
- Pin wrench
- Plain tooth rest holder (with off set blade) (2)
- T-wrench for grinding wheel sleeve
- Washer for 1/8" grinding wheel
- Grinding wheel (7 in 6 sizes: 6x3/4x1.25, two 6x1/2x1.25, 3.5x1.5x1.25, 4x1/16x1/2, 5x1.5x1.25, 3x1/2x1/2")
- Wheel guards (4)
- Diamond dresser holder
- Touch -up paint
- Tool cabinet
- Micrometer adjustable tooth rest (w/ round top table)
- Double end wrench
- Extension & washers of slit-saw & side-mill cutters
- Universal tooth rest plate & blade holder extension
- Allen type wrench
- Nut wrench (2)
- Swing Over Table: 10"
- Distance Between Center: 27 1/2"
- Distance Between Tailstock & Workhead: 22 3/4"
- Taper Hole In Workhead Spindle: ASA No.50 & M.T. No.5
- Table T-Slot (Number & Size): One 0.565"
- Table Working Surface: 5 5/16" x 37"
- Grinding Wheel Spindle RPM: 2600, 3700, 6200 RPM
- Grinding Wheel Spindle Motor: 1 HP
- Table X Travel: 16"
- Table Y Travel: 10"
- Cross Movement of Saddle: 10"
- Graduation for Table Swivel Movement: ±60°
- Table Graduation on End, For Taper of: ±10°
- Wheel Head Tilts: ±15°
- Wheel Head Swivels: 360°
- Wheel Spindle Center to Top of Table: Max 12"-Min 2"
- Wheel Spindle Center to T-Slot Center: Max 16 1/2"- Min 6 1/2"
- Voltage: Choose 220 or 440 Volts, 3 phase
- Net Weight: 2,560 Lbs.
- Machine size: 58" x 58" x 60"
- Dust Collector
- Face Mill Grinding
- Radius Grinding 0-1" (4" Max. Dia of Cutter)
- Radius Grinding 0-2" (11 3/4" Max. Dia of Cutter)
- Helical Grinder
- Cylindrical Grinding W / 3Jaw Chuck
- Internal Grinding
- Work Head Indexing
- Extended Grinding Wheel Spindle
- Surface Grinding
- Lathe And Planer Grinding
- Spring Collet Set
- Coolant System
- Drill Point Grinding
- Wet Grinding
- Wheel Flange.
Tool Grinder Model MN2
Standard Features & Equipment
- Cast Iron Base
- Designed To Grind Complex Tools
- Table And Work Head Controls Motorized
- 18 Standard Tooling Items
- Swing over main slide: 12 inches
- Collet work diameter: 0.12 min. to 1.25 max.
- Lead generated by spiral lead mechanism: 1.81" min
- Length between spindle nose and tail center: 6" max.
- Grinding wheel diameter: 4" max
- Main slide travel: 5.75"
- Offset slide travel: 5.25"
- Workhead horizontal plane angular adjustment: 235°
- Workhead vertical plane angular adjustment: ±40°
RANGE (Wheel head):
- Longitudinal slide travel: 6"
- Vertical slide travel: 9.50"
- Cross slide travel: 7.50"
- Workhead speed: 436 RPM
- Workhead motor: 1/4 HP
- Wheel head speed: 3600 RPM
- Wheel head motor: 1/2 HP
- Voltage: 220 volts 3 phase or 440 volts, 3 phase
- Weight: 1525 Lbs
- Machine Size: 60 x 67 inches
- Large Cutter Radius Grinding Attachment
- Four Inch Universal 6-Jaw Chuck for workhead additional index
- Plate for Spiral Lead Indexing Unit
- Additional Diamond Trueing Tool W/ Diamond Nib
- Flange to mount 1/2" grinding wheel
- Spring Loaded Index Pawl For Workhead Index
- Additional Straight Cylindrical Collet
- Wheel Flange
The diagram above shows how the swivelling turntable and moveable offset slides will give your shop versatility to quickly set up and accurately grind convex and concave radii
Milling Cutter End Grinding
Grinding Outer Diameter
Screw Slot Surface Grinding
Milling Cutter Grinding
Screw Angular Grinding
Side Milling Cutter Grinding
Drill Bit Grinding